Monday, July 22, 2013

Finally a fish!

Lynn:  We haven't seen much wildlife, considering where we are, but today I saw my favorite; a moose.  He was just standing in the road looking at us and I wish we had been quicker with the camera, because as soon as he heard noisy old Edna, he took off for the woods.  He was so funny-looking, with long, skinny, knock-kneed legs; he looked like a cartoon. 


Randy has been pretty disappointed with the fishing opportunities, but today he finally got the chance at the Cottonwood River.  As you can see by this picture, this is a man who will do anything to fish.  I stayed inside the van and did my part by putting up with the thousand mosquitoes who were in there with me.  As you can see, he was ultimately successful.




Some pictures from today:
We saw a huge area on both sides of the highway today that had obviously been a forest fire.  Blanketing the ground where all these matchsticks stood was that ubiquitous wild flower you see everywhere in Alaska; now I know how fireweed got its name.  




2 comments:

  1. So proud of you both! Lynn for so much camping and Randy for figuring out and changing that title! No matter what travails have ensued the scenery seems to be worth the trip!

    ReplyDelete