Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Not camping

7/31/2013
We started out in Homer this morning and drove and drove to Hope, stayed a bit, and drove to Anchorage where we have actually found a nice motel for about $140/night.  The motel cost has really been high, a Motel 6 runs about $150/night, so to stay under $200/night you really have to stop and search in the internet.   We have had to do this lately because Lynn seems to be all done with camping.  There was a great little National Park at Hope with fabulous campsites and she would have none of it...right on the shore of the Cook Inlet with mountain views and even level ground; only two sites down from the outhouse and about a block from the pump...pretty rare to find all this at a camp ground and space available.  I tried to explain all this but it made no difference, she had her heart set on a motel, so here we are at the Anchorage airport livin' la vida loca.  Last night we ate at a fantastic place and tonight its pizza in the motel room...life does have its swings.

I remembered Hope the minute I saw it.  I think that nothing has changed in the 10 years or so since we were there the first time.  Randy remembered that we had stayed in some little cabins right by Hope; when I saw them I remembered that we had stayed two nights there just to relax.  The cabins were nothing much.  Those same cabins today are going for $250.00/night!  Unreal.  I can't tell you how happy I am to be NOT camping.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying this little adventure of yours so much! I learned not to be taking a sip of anything before reading. I often spit it out in laughter. I am anxiously awaiting the in person rundown over bottle of wine (that we will have waiting and chilled for you when you get home!!) I am also waiting for the blog titled "Thank you sweet baby Jesus I am going home" from Lynn...or something along that line.
    Brio

    ReplyDelete